- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
Visually, a stunning blend of colors. Taste-wise, a tongue-tapping medley of flavors; tomato, smoked paprika, and vinegar notes.
- Cooked Dressing:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (or red palm oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups shredded white cabbage
- 2 cups chopped tomato, squeezed to eliminate extra juice
- 1-1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
Preparation: Make dressing by combining sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, and smoked paprika in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium high heat just until mixture boils. Remove from heat until ready to use.
In a large bowl, combine red cabbage, white cabbage, tomato, pepper, and onion.
Pour dressing over top and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.